My interest in art was sparked at a very early age by spending many hours with my grandfather who was a wall paper designer. He taught me to draw and paint subjects such as flowers, birds and animals. This interest continued to grow through high school and college where I specialized in art including a degree in commercial art. I began my career as a book designer, first at Chantecleer Press in New York City and then at Prentice Hall in New Jersey. I also directed the Mobile Arts Program for the New Jersey Community Action Program.
Fine art has always compelled me the most. Painting with pastels is where my focus has been for the last thirty-five years. My subject matter has evolved over the years to New England landscapes and barnyard animals and Cape Cod seascapes. I realize that our rural character is quickly vanishing. So, there will be few, if any, silos on the horizon. Dairies, their animals and barns, which are a big part of the character of Vermont, are disappearing at an alarming rate. I hope my paintings remind people of the beauty of this countryside we are so lucky to enjoy.
- Three solo shows at Southern Vermont Arts Center, Manchester, Vermont.
- Solo shows at Beside Myself Gallery in Manchester, VT, Dorset Library, Canfield Library in Arlington, VT, Chaffee Art Center in Rutland, VT.
- Two juried members shows each year since 1979 at Southern Vermont Arts Center, Manchester, VT.
- Gallery representation in Manchester, Dorset, Pawlet, and Weston, VT and Wellfleet, MA.
- Collector’s Gallery at Southern Vermont Arts Center, Manchester, VT.
- Art on the Green, Pawlet, VT since 1997.
- Vermont Open Studio Weekend-since 2002.
- National Fall Open juried exhibition each year since 1979 at Southern Vermont Arts Center.
- All Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod Signature Exhibitions since 1999.
- Featured at Shelburne Farms, Shelburne, VT.
- Featured in Fletcher Allen Calendar 2001
- Various benefits
- Juried Member-Pastel Society of America
- Southern Vermont Artists
- Signature Member: Pastel Painters of Cape Cod
- Vermont Pastel Society
- Cape Museum of Fine Arts.